Logos Hope: Plumber - Long and Short Terms Roles Available
Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We're investing in young people and the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Job Content: Working with the Maintenance team on board you will be responsible for:
- Domestic water systems throughout the vessel: fresh water lines, black and grey waste water systems, drainage systems, certain hydraulic and refrigeration systems.
- Working under the leadership of the vessel's Accommodation Maintenance Engineering Officer, responsibilities include the maintenance of wash rooms; vacuum toilet systems; water supply, use and drainage in the galley etc.
- You have qualifications and several years of experience as a plumber.
- You are able to work independently and have experience in working with threaded fittings, small diameter copper and steel pipes, plastic piping, brazing and soldering, crimped fittings, etc.
- You have problem-solving skills and you are manually skilled.
- You have the ability to work with a small team and contribute to the overall project goals regarding personal and environmental safety, efficiency and quality.
- Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
On the job training will be provided as needed.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.