Logos Hope: Industrial Electrician/Mechatronic Technician - Long and Short Term Roles Available
Join our international team of 400 people from 50 different nationalities. We're investing in young people and the opportunity to use and grow in your technical skills to keep a life-changing ministry operating. Being part of the on board community you will receive personal input through daily team devotions and other ship events as well as the opportunity to experience the culture of the international crew and staff and the countries the ship visits.
Job Content: Working with the Electrical team on board you will be responsible for:
- Fulfilling the on-going maintenance and repair for our vessel
- Carrying out domestic installations, motor installations and installation of automation sensors as part of a continuous programme of upgrading
- Working in areas could involve work on the following machinery and systems: generators, switchboard up to 1000V, motors, control systems, public address system, fire alarm system, bridge & navigation equipment, computerised systems i.e. AutoCAD, planned maintenance system (AMOS) and PLC (Siemens S7) Programming
- Qualifications and experience with Electronic and control systems, motor control systems, cable installation & heavy duty wiring, generators and switchboards, maintenance, commissioning and fault finding.
- You have problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
- You have the ability to work in a small team and are able to contribute to the overall goals of upgrading, maintaining and operating the various electrical and electronic systems on board.
- You are able to read and understand Technical drawings, manuals and documents.
- Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
On the job training will be provided as needed.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.