Do you love to listen to people's stories, build relationships and speak into people's situations? This role of people care is to be a person within our team who is focused on the mental and emotional well being of the team members and to give counseling if needed. We seek a person with a great love for their fellow Christians, and who desires to assist, counsel and provide spiritual care for our missionaries as they serve God in this country.
- provide debriefing, relationship building, training advice as needed
- counsel and provide spiritual care for our missionaries
- Offer advice and support in crisis and conflict situations for team members or leaders
- Partake in cooperation and exchange with other people care personnel worldwide
- Maintain contact with personnel in-country and abroad
- Provide (appropriate) input for the field/team leaders regarding how individual people on the field are doing.
- Provide advice to field/team leaders on general trends or people care issues on the field/team. Identify gaps in people care and suggest changes. Give input to guide leaders in good practice in people care on our field
- Keep regular communication with team leaders becoming aware of their own and their team members' needs
Professional training in counseling or pastoral care would be very helpful.
This is not a paid position, support will need to be raised for life on the field.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.