Information and Communications Technology Technical Engineer
The overall goal is to provide strategic leadership in relation to disaster management, hardware/software analysis, architecture – infrastructure & security. As an ICT Technical Engineer, you will be responsible for all IT infrastructures (networks (LAN, WAN), servers, system software and tools, etc.) for OM Ships (Mosbach, Ships, Florence, remote users, etc.) in order for OMSI to be able to efficiently and effectively operate its IT tools.
What will be your tasks and responsibilities in this role?
- Security - Play a significant role in designing and implementing our security systems in order to help ensure our IT systems are safe.
- Business Continuity - Responsible for the establishment and execution of a Business Continuity Plan (BCP), including the components of required redundancy, UPS, and back-up/recovery in order to ensure business continuity of the IT systems. Provide a solution or solicit help from others.
- Hardware/Software - Direct the analysis, selection, and ongoing maintenance of all hardware and system software components and tools in order to achieve the ICT strategy.
What are the requirements (skills/competencies) for this role?
- Minimum preferred requirement: 3 years in similar role.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems, Hardware, Application Software, Local & Wide Area Networking, ICT Security & Business Continuity.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: email@example.com
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.