We are seeking a highly organized and skilled individual to join our team as a Field Financial Officer for the Caucasus Field. The person in this role will lead a team of field bookkeepers and people who distribute finances in the field and be required to set up systems to enable national staff workers to take over this role in the future.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the existing team of field bookkeepers and finance distributors and ensure effective communication and cooperation among team members.
- Set up systems that will allow this role to be fulfilled by a national staff member in the future.
- Organize and participate in weekly team meetings which should include prayer times and times of encouragement.
- Provide prayerful support and encouragement to team members.
- Develop familiarity with the existing Petra, Caleb systems, and the imminent replacement Xledger system within the OM ecosystem.
- Ensure compliance with US Tax Code when reporting the usage of grants from the USA.
- Ensure that Key Ministry Project leaders are aware of their monthly balances and that bookkeeping standards are upheld across all ministries in the Caucasus Field.
- Ensure that quarterly personnel balance sheets are sent out on a timely basis.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Familiarity with accounting and financial management principles and practices.
- Proficiency in English, with knowledge of Azerbaijani or Russian also helpful.
- Familiarity with accounting software and commitment to learn the Petra, Caleb, and Xledger systems within the OM ecosystem.
- Knowledge of the US Tax Code and grant reporting procedures.
- Ability to work remotely and commit to 15-20 hours per week.
This is an exciting opportunity to serve in a leadership role and help set up systems that will enable effective financial management for the Caucasus Field. We are looking for someone who is prayerful, organized, and committed to building up national staff members to take on this role in the future.
Ask a Question
Your local office
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.