Doulos Hope: Electrical Officer
1 Feb 2023
For an Electrical Officer we are looking for a skilled Electrical Technician (preferably in the area of Power Generation for up to 1000V) that has experience in leading and managing a Team. With a minimum of 3 years work experience. Experience in the marine industry would be an advantage but not necessary. Good interpersonal skills and being a computer literate are vital requirements. You will need to work with MS Office, AutoCAD and a computer based Maintenance program called AMOS.
- Working in areas will involve work on the following machinery and systems:
- generators, switchboard up to 1000V, motors, control systems, public address system, fire alarm system, bridge & navigation equipment
- computerised systems i.e. AutoCAD, planned maintenance system (AMOS) and PLC (Siemens S7)
- Scheduling, planning, fulfilment & reporting of the on-going maintenance and repair for our vessel
- Carrying out domestic installations, motor installations and installation of automation sensors as part of a continuous programme of upgrading
- Documentation of Upgrades, Fault occurrences & Repairs into our computer based Maintenance software as well as updating of system drawings in Auto CAD and updating of Technical Manuals.
- Qualifications and experience with Electronic and control systems, motor control systems, cable installation & heavy duty wiring, generators and switchboards, maintenance, commissioning and fault finding is of great advantage.
- You have problem-solving skills and manual dexterity.
- With your good interpersonal skills you have the ability to lead a small team of electricians and are able to contribute to the overall goals of upgrading, maintaining and operating the various electrical and electronic systems on board.
- You are able to read and understand Technical drawings, manuals and documents.
- You are medically fit to be signed on to crew articles (you cannot be colour blind, have hearing problems or other major medical conditions).
- You have Good English ability, both in spoken and written form.
Ask a Question
Your local office
Operation Mobilisation, The Quinta, Weston Rhyn, OSWESTRY, SY10 7LT, Shropshire, GB
Registered as a limited company by guarantee no. 2564320 and charity no.1008196 (England and Wales).
General enquiries: www.uk.om.org/contact-us
Short-term mission opportunities: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.