How do you feel when you see children instead of going to school, collecting plastic bottles to have enough to eat? Would you like to be part of making a difference? Could you see yourself loving and teaching them, sharing God´s word of hope? OM Albania has a ministry aimed at these people, the Emanuel Center.
In Lushnje, we have been running the Emanuel Centre for 15 years, reaching out to Roma and Egyptian families. They are mostly illiterate and very few have jobs. So, they go to collect plastic bottles or beg. The children are forced to do the same if they want to eat and because of this they have almost no rights in Albanian society. They aren't thinking of the future - they live day by day.
We offer kids clubs and women's Bible studies and visit them in their houses to share God´s hope with them. In summer, we run evangelistic camps. We need people who like to play football with the boys or hang out with the girls and can be an example for them.
We are now moving this ministry to a new location in Vlore to reach out to others. We are in need of people who would like to help pioneer this endeavor.
You will need:
- Willingness to learn Albanian
- A love for people and for sharing the Gospel with them
- Knowledge of leading a Bible study
- Willingness to be a homework assistant
- Sport skills
- Playing the guitar would be nice
- An outgoing personality and find joy in making new relationships
This is not a paid position, financial support will need to be raised for life on the field.
Ask a Question
* The jobs listed on this website do not have a set salary. This means that the person who applies will need to raise their own support, which is money that they will use to live on. The amount of support money they need to raise will depend on things like where they are from, if they have a family, and what country they will be working in. There might be some jobs that pay salary, but these are rare and would need to be negotiated with the sending offices and the teams you'd like to serve with. If you have any questions about this, please contact your local home office. Always keep in mind that our ministry depends on generous giving from our partners around the globe and God's ongoing provision. Joining OM is always seen as a step of faith and trust in a God who will provide for our needs through his chosen people.